Wednesday, September 4, 2013

RFCOP Crime Report - August 26th - September 1st, 2013

B.C.P.D. Precinct # 6 - Crime Blotter –Aug 26- Sep 1,2013
This is a summary of recent significant police news in your community. For police news from across the entire county, visit our news archive

September 2: Armed Robbery - Gun, 400 block of York Road, 21204

At 6:50 a.m., a man armed with a handgun entered the Subway and demanded money. The suspect fled on foot after the employee complied. The suspect is a black male, 30 to 40 years old.

September 1: Attempted Robbery/First Degree Assault, Altura Court and Deanwood Road, 21234

At 3 p.m., the suspect approached the victim as he was sitting in his car. The suspect displayed a knife and demanded money. The suspect stabbed the victim, but the victim was able to drive away. No property was taken. The victim drove himself to the hospital for treatment. The suspect is a black male, with a medium complexion and short black hair.

August 30: First Degree Rape, 400 block of Campus View Drive, 21204

Between 12:53 and 1:20 a.m., a woman reported being sexually assaulted outside a party. She advised that she was sitting on a bench when two men pinned her onto the ground and assaulted her. The Special Victims Unit is investigating.

August 29 to August 30: Fourth Degree Burglary, 400 block of Regester Avenue, 21212

Between 11 p.m. on August 29 and 6 a.m. on August 30, an unknown suspect entered the yard and cut cable locks to take three bicycles from the deck.

August 29: Fourth Degree Burglary, 1500 block of  Clearwood Road, 21234

Between 3:45 and 4:30 p.m., an unknown suspect took a UPS package from the home.

August 28: First Degree Burglary, 8700 block of Loch Bend Drive, 21234

Between 5:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., an unknown suspect forced open an apartment door and took electronics.

August 28: First Degree Burglaries, 900 block of Southerly Road, 21286

Between midnight and 11 a.m., an unknown suspect entered three apartments and took cell phones, electronics and a wallet. No force was used to enter the apartments.

August 27: Robbery, Glendale Road and Loch Raven Boulevard, 21234

At 12:20 a.m., two suspects approached the victim and one suspect struck the victim with a board. The suspects took the victim's wallet and fled on foot. The suspects are two black males, 18 to 20 years old, 5'10", and 150 pounds.

August 26: Armed Robbery - Gun, 1100 block of Halstead Road, 21234

At 10:30 p.m., two suspects grabbed the victims and placed a gun to one of the victim's heads. A cell phone and a Nintendo DS were taken.
 
Email Alerts  - Spot Crime.com
2.00 Miles around 222 Dumbarton Road –
Week of Aug 26 - Sep 1, 2013
Case #                Crime                                          Date     Time                Address
132440369 Theft of Motor Vehicle    9/1    7:44 am      4xx Regester Ave
132411363  Theft - Other                            8/29 6:52 pm      4xx Stevenson Lane
132420500 2nd degree Burglary                8/30 9:20 am      4xx Rodgers Court
 
From our Residents:

Another car theft this morning on Rodgers Court

I am beyond frustrated! This is now the 2nd time this has happened to us. Once for each car. The first time my husband's wallet and pocket knife were stolen. This time nothing of real value seems missing but I put in the police report anyways. Hopefully this will help track theses numerous break ins. Just want to put the warning out there, lock your cars, don't leave any valuables in your car. But that doesn't really matter anyways, because they still broke into mine!??!! Obviously these people have no clue what they are doing...because the stuff of real value in my car was my $300 car seat and my $300 stroller! LOL! Suckers!

Car theft on Pinehurst

They got me too. Grrrr. The car was unlocked and they took my wallet. That's what happens when you have a baby and a puppy to get in and out of the car. I feel so stupid! Filed a police report. Cancelled my credit cards. Now it's off to the MVA for a new license. Just what I wanted to do today.
They got my wife's car on Regester at Pinehurst. My fault for not making sure the doors are locked last night. Thankfully they only checked the glove compartments and only left a frustrating mess behind

Below is an example of the conversations taking place amongst our residents and COP members.  PLEASE KEEP THIS TYPE OF COMMUNICATION UP!!  It helps everyone stay informed and a better knowledge to all of us of what it taking place.  Each paragraph is a different individuals post.  I do not include names for privacy to those who posted.  If you are on Nextdoor Neighbor site you can see the full posts and who they were from.
Taken from the Crime & Safety Section:
**Hi folks,
I'm writing after reading about the most recent Car Break Ins and Bike Thefts. I have also had both happen to me in the past and am totally sympathetic. After living in the city for many years, I quickly (and unfortunately) learned the hard way about our car. Simply stated, you just have to ensure that there is nothing left in the car to attract these knucklehead thieves. No Wallet, Purse, GPS, Phone, Spare Change, Keys...Nothing! If nothing is visible, the likelihood of someone rifling through you're car will be tremendously reduced.
Bikes in the yard, also not a great idea. These people don't care whose bike it is, if it's there, it's now theirs! Lock them up or put them in the cellar, shed or garage. When I was a kid, I had one of mine stolen due to my own carelessness. My Mom and Dad wanted me to learn from that carelessness by not buying me a new one. I had to work for a whole summer to save my money for a new one. Amazingly, I was never careless with my bike again! While out on C.O.P. Patrols, I am forever seeing Bikes, Razors, and Skateboards left out, many in the alley just begging t be stolen! Also, I know these people are invading our neighborhood at different times. Probably scoping out their booty during daylight hours, then returning later to steal you're stuff. Please, please, please lock you're stuff up!

**My neighbor(s) on the 400 block of Regester just called 911 (2:15 pm) because they saw kid walking down street and looking in all of the driver's windows and even looked to be taking photos. Police on their way.
**Txxx had a bike stolen within past couple of days. Her purple mountain bike
**Kxxxx - please let us know if your neighbors can provide a description of the kid here.
**This is the description I gave to police: black male (fairly dark skinned) aged 13-16 (probably closer to the older end). 5'9ish, (I said) 149-150 pounds, but may be more like 120-130 (slim build). Short hair but not cropped close to the head. Wearing black short sleeve tee WTH some sort of design on it, black or very dark denim/pants. Carrying a zip around folio (would fit a pad of paper) that was black and red. Carrying a cell phone which he was either texting or taking photos. He very obviously looked directly in every single drivers side car window he passed. This was a school age kid, and was seen prior to any school in the area being dismissed for the day.
**I was walking up Dumbarton around the time he was in the neighborhood. I saw him. Fortunately, he saw me wearing my Citizens On Patrol shirt w/ bold red letters that say C.O.P. on the back of the shirt. He wasn't too sure of me & I don't think he was all that comfortable as we crossed paths w/ each other. He wasn't doing anything suspicious when I saw him. Hopefully my wardrobe made an impression on him. His mode of travel took him heading west on Dumbarton, so I guess he came from York Road. I did see an officer drive down Regester but that was easily 3 minutes after I crossed paths w/ the subject.
**There were two patrol cars that responded. At least one was already in the neighborhood according to the 911 dispatcher, and I can attest to this as one of the officers was at my door to get a description within minutes of my call. My other neighbor who witnessed the behavior saw another patrol car not long after on Dumbarton. The subject may have already been wary at that point having seen the patrol car.
 
**** Many more conversations could be posted, but the main accomplishment is everyone keeping each other aware of what is going on, things to watch out for and try and guard against. Most importantly, calling police to report the incident.   Let's keep up the communication and awareness please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.