Friday, May 17, 2013

RFES overcrowding informaton


Dear friends and neighbors, 

I have been in touch with Councilman Marks about the information presented by BCPS representatives last night concerning potential solutions and we are going to gather area community and PTA leaders including myself to first get all the information so that we can share and clarify with the community at large what we've learned and adequately respond before forming positions. In my past dealings with BCPS (not to be confused with RFES staff who are wonderful) as part of the redistricting process in 2009-2010 I can tell you that they are very difficult to deal with and not adept at community outreach. I was the lone Rodgers Forge representative on the redistricting "committee" and most of the gray hair I now have is from that! However it was a real eye opener and I learned a great deal about how bcps ticks and how to deal with them. That experience was also the impetus for me joining the RFCA Board of Governors and now President. Now we are suddenly faced with another grave issue that will impact our future and I want to help the community face this challenge. Please know that councilman marks shares our frustration with how this is being handled right out of the gate and already putting other things aside to start working on this. One thing that would be helpful to me is if all of you would reply to this message and send me your QUESTIONS (not rumors or speculations) that I can compile and share with David Marks. I will keep the community apprised as we learn new information. 

Best, 
Stu Sirota 
President RFCA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.