Thursday, September 20, 2012

Message From The New RFC President

                I am honored to be the new President of the Rodgers Forge Community, Inc. Board of Governors. I have lived in Rodgers Forge since 2005 with my wife Lisa, and our three children, Julia, Kate, and Evan, all of whom attend Rodgers Forge Elementary School. I joined the Board in 2010 because I believe strongly in the power of civic engagement, and felt I could make a positive impact in this wonderful community that we all call home. 

During my first two year term on the Board, I was able to establish two new committees with the help of other volunteers: Safe Routes to School and Tree Rodgers Forge, and I feel like we have just scraped the surface of doing great things. Now as president, I look forward to working together with my fellow Board members, residents, our great community schools, and our elected officials to not only expand those initiatives, but also to work on broader issues that affect Rodgers Forge in ways that can strengthen our sense of community, security, and quality of life. I certainly cannot do this alone, and will be relying on the incredible talents and contributions of other community members to move forward, just as I did during my first term.

In the coming months, I will be actively reaching out to residents in various ways to solicit ideas and engage in dialogue about how we can make this great community of Rodgers Forge even greater. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail at stusirota@gmail.com, as I'd love to hear your ideas!

Respectfully,
Stu Sirota
President
Rodgers Forge Community, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.