Saturday, November 5, 2011

Councilman Marks to Prohibit Electronic Signage on High Structures in Downtown Towson

From Councilman Marks:

At the next County Council meeting, I will introduce legislation that prohibits electronic signage beyond a certain height in downtown Towson. This bill will amend the recently-passed sign legislation, which has already been approved by County Executive Kevin Kamenetz.
I will make copies of the bill available to the Towson Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Towson Committee, and the Greater Towson Council of Community Associations as soon as it is available. Any citizen can view the bill at the County Council Web Site once it is introduced next Monday (http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/countycouncil/index.html).
If you are affiliated with an organization or community association, I ask you to disseminate this message from me. While I remain a strong advocate for revitalizing downtown Towson, I have always tried to listen to community concerns, which is why I am taking the unusual step of modifying a bill that was just signed into law.

County Councilman David Marks

dmarks@baltimorecountymd.gov

Historic Courthouse

400 Washington Avenue

Towson, MD 21204

(410) 887-3384

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.