Friday, August 14, 2009

Public Meeting on Speed Cameras - 8/19 at Towson Library

"Good afternoon,

I have been told by Councilman Joe Bartenfelder's office that a public meeting will be held on the County's proposed speed camera legislation on Wednesday, August 19 at 7 p.m. at the Towson Library.

As I talked with constituents, it was clear that few understood this very important state legislation and no one knew how the County was proposing to implement the law. Therefore, I wrote to County Executive Smith and the Council Chair, Joe Bartenfelder, asking for public meetings outside of the regular afternoon Council work session. I got no response so I wrote to the Towson Times. Finally, early last week, I wrote to the entire County Council and it's Chair again. I am very pleased that Councilman Bartenfelder has set a public informational meeting.

I urge you to advise those with whom you work to attend this meeting to learn how this law will work to protect people in school zones and how the County will approach this public safety issue. Also, for your information, the Council Bill is 61-09 and can be read on line at the Council web site.

Feel free to let me know if you have any question.

Steve Lafferty"
[one of our State Delegates]

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.