Friday, April 12, 2013

NAMI Baltimore Walk Event for Mental Health

A neighbor from Stoneleigh shared with me a great charity event coming up May 18th. See below and the link to the flier:

Dear Rodgers Forge Board Members,
Greetings! My name is Blake Davis and I live in your neighboring community of Stoneleigh. I am writing to you today to tell you about a really amazing event that NAMI Baltimore is putting on down at the inner harbor on May 18th. We are doing a walk to raise money and awareness for mental illnesses and mental health research. Being a tight knit community just as all the other neighborhoods in the area, we all undoubtedly know of someone who is struggling from a mental illness. I thought I would reach out to you to see if anyone would be interested in forming a walk team to help us raise money and awareness this coming May. Last year we had about 3 thousand people show up and it was a lot of fun! I have attached a pamphlet that can shed a little more light as to what this event is all about. Please feel free to contact me or Claire (contact info on the pamphlet) with any questions or feedback. Look forward to hearing from you!
Your neighbor,

Blake Davis

1 comment:

  1. Blake~ Thanks for posting this. I'm a volunteer for NAMI and will be walking on the 18th. Hoping we can get a bunch of people from our neighborhoods to walk with us, and help Stomp out the Stigma! -Kate

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! Please keep it clean and on topic. Posts with offensive language and personal attacks will be removed.